View Single Post
Old 12-15-09, 09:17 PM
Briareos

Bikes: No bike at the moment; In process of building it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by umd
This part I don't understand about your post. I read through the whole thread and I didn't see it explained although I think someone else asked about it too. Why would you have to buy training wheels? Are you not currently riding at all? Presumably you already have a bike, with wheels, so just train on those. When you start racing, you can decide if you want to get racing wheels too.
My current wheels (Mavic Aksiums) are getting very close to be needing replacement. I have a set of fixed/SS Velocity Deep-V's and I could de-lace and put on some Ultegra hubs and have a training wheelset right there.

I AM currently either going to get a new bike or radically overhaul the bike I have (System-Six) so that's why wheels are a concern right now; either way I have to get new ones. I totally forgot about pit-wheels so it looks like I need to do what CDR does; have two wheelsets, one tubular and one clincher. I've sent a price inquiry to psimet for both those wheels. The racers would be 50mm deep carbons and the trainers I asked about would be alloy but also tubular, so I may need to get clincher rims instead.