Old 12-21-09, 08:02 PM
NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, what a day. Got my frame! It feels soooooooooo... light. Hard to believe that it's actually almost 3 pounds.

I looked at the headset. It almost seemed like I could have put the thing together myself, except the interference fit of the bearing cups seemed a little tight. I didn't want to try it for fear of splitting the head tube. I would have had to go to Home Depot to rig a press--basically two big-assed flat washers or metal plates held together with a very long bolt with a nut on the other end to pull the bearing into place would work. But, I wouldn't have had anything to cut the steerer tube.

Anyway, I went to Performance to pick up some other parts that I had ordered, get a good cable cutter, and a new saddle to throw on the bike. Next, I made a trip to Princeston Sports. I decided I'd let them take care of the headset. The target day for pick-up is Wednesday.

So, now, I'm playing around with some of the other parts I have--the new shifters--I am especially interested in finding out how they works since they have thumb levers similar to what is found on Campy shifters. The shifter came with cables, but I think they're cut for road bike use, not cross bike. I'm glad I bought another set.

Stuff is scattered all over the floor. It almost looks like Christmas came early.

Last edited by NoRacer; 12-21-09 at 08:12 PM.