Old 12-22-09, 10:22 AM
IRONHEAD1

Bikes: Cervelo S1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bike shop issues......

for the most part i have liked my LBS and in the last year have spent around 3 to 4 grand in the shop, i also have told others to go there to buy gear and bikes. I participate in many of their outings etc as well. recently i decided I wanted to get into an off road bike and gave them a call to see if they could offer me any deals on an older model bike as it isnt imparitive i have the latest and greatest for off roading. to make a long story short the store owner told me of one model he had for 2500 bucks which was about 1500 more than i would have spent on this venture. the part that torques me is that a week earlier his partner told me the bike was 2400 but then the owner goes on to tell me that retail for it was 3500 which when i looked it up on the manufacturers web site full retail is only 2800. so he jacked up the price 700 bucks to make it sound like he was giving me some steal of a deal........ to me that was pretty shady business and now i am contemplating if i should spend another nickle in there again.....