View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 11:47 AM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeWise1
Here's a suggestion.....

Why not take that bit of info to the one person that can actually solve it, instead of coming here and getting 50 different opinions from people who have various axes to grind?

Why not call and talk to the owner of the shop. It is quite likely nothing more than a misunderstanding. They happen in even the best run shops.
BikeWise, you must be a professional consultant because that's exactly what Scientific Solutions would recommend. If there's a conflict, put it on the table and discuss face to face with the party involved. It won't get solved here.
To the OP, The comment about them offering you a bike at a discount is a good one, and that puts you in a good position to nicely point out that they mis-quoted. I'd add something like "So did you mean to offer me a $1000 discount from $2800?" I'd use the mistake to my advantage by being nice about it. Also, if he sticks to his guns and won't lower the price substantially, you are in a perfect position to shop somewhere else. After all, you've confronted him with a mistake, now what does he do about it. My guess is you might wind up with that bike at or near your spend limit. Don't get mad, take advantage of the situation, YOU are in the driver's seat now.