View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 03:21 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by roccobike
BikeWise, you must be a professional consultant because that's exactly what Scientific Solutions would recommend. If there's a conflict, put it on the table and discuss face to face with the party involved. It won't get solved here.
To the OP, The comment about them offering you a bike at a discount is a good one, and that puts you in a good position to nicely point out that they mis-quoted. I'd add something like "So did you mean to offer me a $1000 discount from $2800?" I'd use the mistake to my advantage by being nice about it. Also, if he sticks to his guns and won't lower the price substantially, you are in a perfect position to shop somewhere else. After all, you've confronted him with a mistake, now what does he do about it. My guess is you might wind up with that bike at or near your spend limit. Don't get mad, take advantage of the situation, YOU are in the driver's seat now.
Good advice for the OP.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.