View Single Post
Old 12-22-09, 06:35 PM
VicaDylaN

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
88 Schwinn Paramount value question...

Hello! This is my first post but I'll be around a lot more in the coming months. haha Anyways, I'm currently in talks with a local rider whose got an 88 Paramount for sale that he's billing as a "50th Anniversary." I have not seen the bike myself (he's out of town for the holidays) but he described it as either black/white or black/silver, neither of which are colorways for the 50th anniversary Paramount, at least to my knowledge? He said the bike is in almost perfect condition and that it's currently running a full Shimano 600 group. Now, I love steel. Aluminum rides too rough and, and this is a personal bias more than anything, is soulless... and carbon's just a little too expensive for the time being. I've been looking for a nice higher-ish end late 80's/early 90's road bike for about 6 months now but have been having trouble finding one for a reasonable price (I ride a 54cm). I've never owned a Paramount personally but I'm aware of their lineage and craftsmanship so what I'm wondering, after all that nonsense, is if $700 would be a fair cost for an 88 50th anniversary with full Shimano and in mint condition. What about just a regular, non-50th 88? I'll update this thread with pictures as soon as I can see the bike and take a few.

Thanks guys!