View Single Post
Old 12-24-09, 05:12 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert Foster
... I was riding home from a group ride last Monday and came upon a string of cars stopped for a light so I was forced to pass on the right. Two cars from the light there was a woman in a small to medium sized SUV in the middle of her lane a few feet behind the first car in line. Just as I got within a few feet of the back of her vehicle she noticed a parking space on her right so she mashed on the gas and drove me into a total panic stop and almost smashed me into the parked vehicle next to her. Not that they don’t do that other times of the year, they just do in more when they are out Christmas shopping and looking at Christmas decorations. My comment to my fellow cyclists the next morning was,” be careful out there, people are driving crazy.”
Um, you were passing stopped cars on the right? Do you do that in your car? That's riskier behavior than riding at night. If you want to be treated like a vehicle, you have to act like one and take your place behind the last car in line.