Old 01-01-10, 08:36 PM
achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
i like it, but why not full record?
I wanted a retro look with lots of silver/chrome, but still use up-to-date kit. Recent Record has too much black and carbon for what I wanted the bike to look like. I think Record went to carbon shifters when it went to 10-speed, and I wanted at least 10-speed. That pretty much left me with Dura Ace 7800 as SRAM has gone with black, too. Even Shimano's latest Ultegra and Dura Ace offerings are getting dark.

Blame it on the call of bikes as works of art. I don't know if my effort qualifies, but I'm proud of it and happy how it's turned out nonetheless.

Of course, then I saw the gold wheels. I think they go really well with the bike, but I'll admit they're not very retro.

Also, for some reason either me or my camera can't capture the blue of the frame at all. It's really a strikingly deep and rich blue, not the muted blue that's displayed in the photo. That photo really doesn't do it justice, and it's the best one I have. The sun popped out late this afternoon right before it set, so I grabbed the bike and camera, headed out on our deck, and snapped a couple of quick photos. Every other photo I have is much less well lit or lit with a flash.

I dug out this photo that does a much better job of capturing the color of the frame:

Last edited by achoo; 01-01-10 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added bit about the photo along with photo with better color