View Single Post
Old 01-02-10, 03:30 PM
ismellfish2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raleighfixie493
Hello everyone, so I just built my first fixed gear, I have been riding single speeds for a couple years and wanted to try something new, I have a super old school panasonic. My question is in regard to pedals and straps, I have alway ridden with platform pedals but on the fixie i realize this can be a danger and I also plan on doing some light commuting (5-10 miles). I have an old pair of pedal with the old school metal cages on the front and the strap, i find these to be not only a hassle to get into while riding, but uncomfortable. Can anyone help me out with suggestions on clipless pedals. Are straps the way to go? If clipless pedals are the best option does anyone have any tips on really good ones that maybe do not cost an arm and a leg? thanks for your help. have an awesome day.
If you're willing to change shoes to ride and can deal with the slightly higher initial cost, clipless are the way to go. I've got clips for the convenience, but am considering picking up a clipless system, especially for longer rides.