acaurora
B+ roadie I guess?

Bikes: 2013 BMC GranFondo GF01 Ui2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
ACAurora: If you're primarily riding for pleasure and don't care about training or improving (and there's nothing wrong with that, btw) then perhaps one of these would be a waste of time.
True, the numbers can be a bit of a distraction, BUT you can program your Garmin to only display things like the time of day and time elapsed, or just the distance covered, and still enjoy the scenery on your ride and still download your ride data afterward.
It's pretty easy to let the AVS become the focus of your ride, but with a little mental discipline, (or reducing your visible data fields) you can keep it from completely consuming you.
Very true. I suppose just having less data fields show would be a good workaround and just to not let the numbers become an obsession. The only goal I have in mind in particular is just to be able to improve my hill climbing skills. And because of that is one of the reasons why I think this would be more effective... or would it? I mean the 500 and the cyclocomputer I have both have barometric based altimeters... and I do think the idea of having a more accurate measure of how far as well as cadence/HR would be neat to have.