View Single Post
Old 03-31-05, 07:48 PM
apmech

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khuon
Probably not for a while. I'm saving up for a new bike build. I'm going to be buying a new frame as a travel bike (either Ritchey Breakaway or Co-Motion Espresso w/Co-Pilot) and transferring my D-A 9sp stuff off my current roadbike to the travel bike while rebuilding the Aegis up with Campy Record along with the 0Gs. All this means I'll probably be looking at quite a few grand worth of investment so I'm slowly building up funds. Also, I understand the Breakaway won't be available as a frameset until the fall. I've read some pretty favourable reviews of the 0G brakes as well as ones of them under their old name (Cat Claws) but I would definately like to hear how they faired in the races even though I'm not a racer myself.

Hey just to let you know, My friend and I just bought a pair of the 0G-05 brakeset. I'm running DA 9spd, and he is running Campy Ergo 10spd. The set up on these brakes are not very difficult, but does take a little more time when compared to setting up DA brakes. There is a breakin period, with the cables, but after 30-40 miles of riding everything will work great. Initially, the lever/brake action will feel like it's dragging alittle, but afterwards it will smooth out. Personally, I would say the braking force on the 0G are right up there with the DA dual pivot design.. so there you have it ! good luck!