Old 01-05-10, 10:26 PM
leslielove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi there!

Hi everyone!

My name's Leslie. I'm 22 and I live in Southern California. I was an Athena until about a month ago, but I still kind of straddle that line. At 5'3 and 147 pounds, I want to lose about 10-12 pounds and I think biking is going to be a big part of helping me accomplish my weight loss goals.

I taught myself to ride a bike when I was 6 years old by riding in circles in my neighbor's driveway until I could go in a straight line without falling over. About a year ago, I bought a comfort bike with my boyfriend at the time so we could ride together. I let the habit slide after we broke up in September because it kind of brought up memories, but I recently got back into the habit and I really like going fast and being propelled by my own legs. I test rode a Fuji roadie probably a month and 1/2 ago at an LBS and I fell in love. Its going to be a while before I can afford a 'real' bike, but I want to get more educated and become a better and more confident rider before I make the investment. My ultimate goal is to ride a century this summer and I think I can make that happen. I'm looking forward to just kind of being a sponge and learning a lot around the forums