Old 01-06-10, 05:12 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
thanks guys. I made it home last night. I did get up out of the saddle a couple of times, so i wonder if that helped. I also walked about 3 miles at lunch, went over to the indoor mall. those seniors are on to something! :-) it's funny that most of my discomfort was felt sitting at my desk in a chair. as the day progress it felt better. it acted up on my way home but I was cautious in my pedaling.

I'm not one to mash and am a big fan of spinning but I have a few killer hils that even in my lowest gear require steady slow strokes on the strong side. I normally stretch befor riding and in my research I picked up a new one - where you cross your legs and then touch your toes with straight legs. admittedly I don't stretch when I get home but I do take hot baths instead of showers. I find they are wonderful for the muscles. if the water didn't cool off I would never get out!

Taking the day off due to a work assignment - been thinking about riding tomorrow or friday. ugh - so hard to resist. thanks for the feedback and suggestions!