Old 01-06-10, 07:58 PM
cnnrmccloskey

Bikes: '82 Giante super challange, 70 Gitane Tour de France, GT Gutterball

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
I understand tools. I talked about the convenience of having hooks. I did not mention anything about quality. I do not use my bike tools to spread peanut butter: I use utensils. You can change kevlar bead road tires with one (or sometimes no) lever , but not other tires.
My comment on quality was directed at operator, what I am saying is you are criticising a multi tool and suggesting a singular purpose tool instead.
I'm not gonna go out and trow away the tools I have at home to replace it with somthing that is not designed primarily for performance, I in noway and implying that the 3wrencho will out perform even my crappy allied combo 15mm wrench, the purpose of a multi tool is to save space! jesus if I want the ultimate in performance i will mount a ****ing toolbox on my bike, but Im not going to carry a 15mm wrench and a set of tire levers in my pocket, II would however put one of these in (assuming anyone can ever get off their ****in high horse (I guess tall bike in this enviroment) and provide useful feedback on the how the tool actually performs all I see here is people criticizing the wrong aspects of the tool and making wild leaps about the quality and usefulness of the tool, and how "hip" it is, its bull**** I'm not gonna say that buying a campy tool is bull**** cause its "bike hip" and "*looks* cheap"