Old 01-07-10, 10:21 AM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
2004 Specialized Rockhopper on CL

I've been following CL for a long time, waiting to find a low cost replacement for my Schwinn Moab 1 that was stolen out of my garage 4 years ago. It caused me to transition from MTB to Road, a decision that I haven't regretted, but I enjoy riding trails occassionally, so have kept my eye out for a replacement.

Here's the ad.

Here's the Bikepedia specs

It's the standard RH, with Deore components (edited - previously posted it was Alivio shifters) and a Manitou 6 fork. It's got v-brakes which I actually prefer over disc, mostly because I do all my own wrenching and don't want to learn a new system.

I've e-mailed with the owner, who describes its condition as "good", and am planning to go take a look. I told him my budget was $200 and he said he wouldn't take lower than $250, so I'm assuming he'll accept that if I offer.

It's the same size as my Schwinn so I believe it'll be a decent fit. I would use it for light to moderate trail riding here in Austin.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the deal or anything specifically I should watch for when I go look at it?

Thanks.

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

Last edited by dstrong; 01-07-10 at 11:17 AM.