Old 01-07-10, 10:48 PM
kf9yr

Bikes: 2011 Serotta Ottrott, Serotta TI Road Bike, Serotta TI MTB,Ritchey Breakaway Ti Cross, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Cannondale Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the Armadillo Roubaix Elites and rode 5000 miles on them since June 15. I've had two flats (one was one of those survey markers that look like a giant thumbtack and one was a wire from a radial tire piece). The rear tire wore out at 3500 miles and the front one is still on the bike.

I replaced the rear tire because there were cuts from the survey marker and some cuts from glass, etc. The actual tire tread would probably have lasted more miles but I didn't want to chance a tire split when I can afford to buy another tire.

I can't really tell you if they ride any harsher than other tires as they are the only ones I've had on this bike (09 Specialized Roubaix Elite). I don't want fix a flat when it's 100+ degrees so I stick with this tire.

P.S. I think these tires are really 25's. They say 23/25 because they have the width of 25mm but the tire is tapered and the contact patch is supposed to be the same as a 23.