View Single Post
Old 01-10-10, 11:28 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,078 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbossman
It is a cross I have to bear.

Today, Bikingsheareer and I did a min-epic ride (for me, anyway). ~45 miles and ~4000' of climbing. Orinda BART, down San Pablo Dam road, up and over the little bear to Alhambra Road, then down though Pinole, Hercules - coming to rest at Crockett for lunch. After a delightful repast, we went up Crockett Blvd to Cummings Skyway, down Franklin Cyn and then up and over reverse pig-farm and momma/papa bear back to Orinda.

Wheeeeeeee.
BBM is being too modest - he did fine. It was a fun ride, although a bit more climbng than either of us intended. It got very foggy up on Cummings Skyway (I was very glad both for my blinky and the wide paved shoulders), but ranged between hazy sunshine and overcast the rest of the time. It was a tad chilly, though. The repast of which BBM spoke was made even nicer by my fiance meeting us for lunch. A good day.

Today, I headed out on my own from the Democratic Peoples Republic along the Arlington through Kensington, El Ceritto and Richmond, thence to San Pablo Dam Road to Wilcat adn up and over to home. 24.75 mile, 2100 feet of climbing - after yesterday, I felt it towards the end, but it's another good ride in the books. More hazy sunshine alternating with overcast - no fog, though. Turning onto the Dam Road into El Sobrante (motto: "Fewer meth lab houses blowing up than before") brought on a head wind that I could have done without, but nothing too bad.