View Single Post
Old 01-12-10, 07:55 AM
baron von trail 

Bikes: 3 good used ones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
For an ex-clyde hopping up on the scale, this time of year, nice is seeing that nothing has changed.

Even with the coldest part of winter settling in and with me throwing in a higher calorie diet with more fat content, my weight is still down at or below 190 lbs, hanging there on a regular basis.

I weighed in at 188 this morning, and that was after not riding my bike for about 6 weeks or being on the trainer for at least 7 days, all the while eating more eggs, meat and cheese during the past month than I did all of last year. What gives?

Who knows? Moderation perhaps. I eat much less these days. Why?

Again, who really knows? What I do know is that nowadays I drink a 12 oz glass of water with one Emergen-C vitamin packet mixed in each and every morning after my shower. This new morning drink replaced the half-dozen cups of coffee I used to drink to get fired up for the day. I find that the vitamin intake keeps me feeling balanced all morning -- meaning: No unbearable cravings for Egg McMuffins or Poptarts at 10 AM. I feel nourished all day, actually. So, when I eat lunch, I eat a little salad, some cheese, maybe some soup (I love French Onion). I'll even take down a sandwich, preferring nut butters on whole grain or spinach squares or buffalo burgers, but I'll chomp on a piece of pizza, decent burger or even a Polish Sausage now and then too.

I guess the biggie is that I prefer eating the good foods over the greasy fatty foods. A friend tried getting me to eat loaded Cheese Fries from famous fast food joint. I looked at her like she was nuts! Told her I haven't eaten that kind of crap in years, wasn't about to start now.

The other trick is exercise. Even though I am not riding (mostly due to the pins [or scar tissue] in my repaired leg causing some nasty pains when my thigh is hit with cold wind), I still workout several hours per day. I hike, stretch, do pushups, sit-ups, yoga, dance and have sex instead of sittiing, eating, watching television or playing endlessly on the computer.