View Single Post
Old 04-01-05, 10:57 PM
N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First of all Vision stopped building the R45 some time ago. If I am not mistaken they combined the best of the R40, R45 & I think one or 2 other models & made one really good R40 model that was more versatile then the original R40.

Second, the parent company that owned Vision, Advanced Transportation Products went out of business a year or so ago.

Now I can offer you an opinion on the Vision R40 Short Wheel Base, (SWB) with Over Seat Steering, (OSS), as that is what I own & ride. It is a great bike as far as I'm concerned. A great deal for what the bike offers. I will admit that it is bumpier because it is a SWB, but I find it easier to turn when compared to a Long Wheel Base, (LWB). And I test rode quite a few recumbents before I settled on the one I purchased.

Just because the company that built Vision's went out of business doesn't mean you won't find one. Several bike shops still have them in stock. Most, from what I have seen have really great prices on them so they can get ride of them.

If you're concerned about warranty I have learned that some shops will honor the warranty if anything happens to the frame, etc. Just make sure of that before you buy it. My shop will honor the warranty my bike has on it if anything ever happens to the frame. As far as the components are concerned, they are the same as what you find a decent road bike. Also if you ever need anything like a replacement seat cusion & cover the Rans model will fit on a Vision seat frame.