View Single Post
Old 01-14-10, 12:03 PM
gna
Count Orlok Member

Bikes: Raleigh Sports, Raleigh Twenty, Raleigh Wyoming, Raleigh DL1, Schwinn Winter Bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by pityr
So I was just riding along at about 12MPH up a slight incline when this Comcast van came whipping up behind me and turns right in front of me. Had to grab the brakes and dodge left to miss him. Dude must have been really hungry cause he was heading for a McDonalds drive through. I turned around and took his picture but I can't make out the "Hows my driving" phone number, only the van number 2355.

I need to carry a better camera than just my phone...

Think I can just call Comcast and complain to them?
Phone calls are okay, emails may work, but in my experience a letter gets the most action. At my employer, complaints are taken seriously, especially if someone takes the time to document it in a letter. At many places, letters must be responded to, and a copy may end up in the employee's file.

Catgrrl70's advice of a calm, rational description of what happened is excellent. Do not ramble, use obscene language, or preach the benefits of cycling. A brief mention of safety and implications is fine, though. Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation also help.