View Single Post
Old 01-15-10, 07:40 AM
dgk02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nwmtnbkr
The biggest complaint among Bionx owners who use their bikes to commute daily is the cost of replacement batteries. Unless you're willing to modify the wiring of your kit once you need a new battery, you may find yourself stuck spending almost $1000 to replace the Bionx battery pack with a new one. (There is one man who will rebuild packs--there's some discussion of his services on V is for Voltage.)

As for battery technology improving, well don't hold your breath. In a couple of years, I suspect we'll be at about the same place we're at now. I'm just hoping LIFEPO4s continue to come down in price and that other countries, including the US, begin manufacturing them, too.
Thanks nwmtnbkr, I appreciate all that I've learned from you. I stumbled onto the V site yesterday while trying to figure out what 90% actually means. Since the battery part of this is so expensive, I figured $500 off is a good deal but I'm not sure. One of the guys on the V site said that Bionx will do a cell replacement for $581. That isn't all that bad if so.