Old 01-16-10, 03:47 PM
Landor

Bikes: Cannondle CAAD9 and Surly SteamRoller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Clyde Riding!

Hey everyone! I just got back from a nice little ride with my wife. I had a bit of a problem after climbing the second big (for me) hill. There is a little route near home that circles around our local university football stadium. We climbed the first hill and it was pretty hard for me so we stopped at the top and took a break. After getting my wind back a little we decided to go back down the hill and climb back out the other side. At the top of the second hill I stopped and we took another break.

I was feeling pretty bad and really thought I'd lose my lunch! My vision was getting wonky and I felt really light-headed. We rested a little more and decided that I needed a soda to get some sugar energy to make me feel better. That worked a treat! There's a McDonalds near the top of the climb and after a drinking the soda we rode home. I was tired but felt fine otherwise.

On our ride over to the stadium we had stopped for lunch and I had water with my food. I think that I need to carry some Gatorade or Sport Beans with me the next time we do that ride.

Oh yeah, I'm 6'3" and weigh 274 lbs. I'm a beginner and my bike is a Surly Steamroller single speed. Anyway just wanted to report in and say hello. Cheers!