View Single Post
Old 01-17-10, 03:05 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
I had a really nice 63 mile ride today, testing the metric century route for my club's April Fools Ride. The weather was fantastic, especially compared to all the cold and/or rainy weather we've had lately. It was about 50F when I started from home at 11:00 and it rose to the low 60s during the ride. The sun was bright and the wind was calm. It just doesn't get much better than that.

I think this will be a good metric century route for the April Fools Ride on April 10th. Good pavement, nice scenery, minimal short sections on high traffic roads and enough hills to make it challenging but not a sufferfest (saved that for the century route ) I have a pretty good idea what the 30, 50 and 100 mile routes will be like, but still need to do some fine tuning.

My new bike was very comfortable, especially considering that it has been a while since I did a long ride. It is going to make a good all day riding bike.
Blues. thanks for sharing the great pix! It's nice to be able to put a face to the moniker.

Looks a lot like the area around my home town in Albany, NY. The weather looks like October in "Upstate". I hope to go up there (NY) this summer for a few weeks (escape Fla in July!) and do some similar rides. Very nice.

Enjoy the April Fools ride. Look forward to the pix in the future.