View Single Post
Old 01-18-10, 01:40 AM
truthstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had my Downtube Nova for almost four months now. I bought it to initially convert it into an eBike, but it took me two months of saving up to get the Life4PO battery. I rode it for about two months as a bike and almost two months now as an eBike.

I'm just going do a run down of my own cons that I have noticed thus far since using it as a normal bike and the now converted eBike.

- Poor braking system. I've since owning had the back brakes become useless because for some reason they won't calibrate correctly, I think something may have bent. The front system comes off it's leash each time I fold and because of that has bent. I'll be changing out the brakes soon (see photo)

- Shipped with a non-working bell. Had to pay to ship the bell back, took a few weeks, small but I think a problem when many others have had the same one

- Stiff seat, upgraded to something more comfortable for those long hauls

- Chipped paint pretty quick, though this is probably my own fault cause I'm rough with this bike

Currently with the AmpedBikes conversion kit coupled with the Life4Po battery I'm getting a max speed of 17MPH with around 45 miles of distance on a charge, not too bad.

Along with tire lining I have been fortunate to not get any flats and have a smooth ride. This bike defiantly turns heads as I speed by.