Old 01-19-10, 11:30 AM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So I got an excercise bike... now what do I do with it?

Duh... ride it...

Some random thoughts about the whole thing:

I've been riding 20-min a day for about the past 2 weeks I did 3 sets of 20 with breaks in-between on Saturday, Sunday and Monday because I had the day off and I felt like it. The instruction manual said not to do over 20-min at a time for the first few weeks. In other words don't over-do it.

It's ok, it's enough like riding and I'm thinking of it more as a way to get some exercise, not as the primary weight loss tool. That is going to be diet, I've been pretty good the last 2 weeks and I'm loosing weight, very slowly, but I'll take it. Cut WAY back on fast food, pop, & junk. Eating more fruits & veggies and going to see where this takes me until I plateau. I'm hoping that the regular exercise will help me fight the winter blahs. I've been riding in the summer, lazy in the winter. Loose weight, put it back on, start again. Something has to be different.

The settings are not like riding my bike, but hey it's cheap. Too much resistance and I can't spin, it becomes more like leg presses, but I've got a setting that sorta mimics my favorite gearing on my bike.

It is boring if I don't do something to distract myself. I ended up pulling the trigger and will have dish-network installed this Saturday. They have a dvr deal which will give me lots of options for when I don't have something good to read or write while riding. The only reason I'm allowing this is because I will ride a lot while watching it. I've made up my mind that I have to 'earn' watching it.

Humorously the bike looks fast, even though it doesn't go anywhere.

I do like the foot straps, I think I'll have to go clipless this year on my recumbent.

I am looking forward to being strong at the beginning of the season this spring.

Ok then, what should/shouldn't I do