View Single Post
Old 01-21-10, 04:53 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
For me there are not many joys in maintaining a bike. It is just the thing I do naturally after a bike ride. If anything has caused a problem on the ride- I investigate while cleaning and checking the bike. Gears not changing properly? a bit of adjustment and they are fine. Brake squeal come on and it is probably contaminated blocks so clean and rub down before taking for a quick test ride. In this way the bike is always ready to go after taking out of the rafters and pumping up the tyres.

So why have I got the FD cable on two bikes that is fraying? The bar tape on one bike is lifting in one spot and really should be changed. and the pile of tubes that need repair is growing again.

Perhaps I ought to take time out to maintain the bikes again- but I only did that at christmas. Still got to change those cables sometime though. But as they have been fraying since the middle of last year and everything still works- It can wait a bit longer.

Spike Milligan