Old 01-24-10, 12:58 PM
deku_nut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
all i want is a silly bike rack!

Alrighty-

So, i'm no professional bike rider and i'm also operating on a modest budget but here goes. The economy was bad blah blah blah i had to get rid of my car and now i'm using my bike for everything! Its actually pretty great, cheap and the exercise is fantastic. One problem- i would like to get a rear carrier + mesh net for it. This sounds like an easy task, but i've had some problem with it.

Aside from searching "bike rack" on the internet and getting tons of car racks i've ran into this problem when i've actually found what i'm looking for: The bike that i have is a mountain bike and it has a rear spring suspension. very similar to this

I'm having trouble finding one a rear carrier rack that works with that configuration. any ideas?

i would imagine as long as the connection between the support legs coming off of the rear wheel and the decking of the carrier were able to pivot it should be fine if i purchase a regular one. anyone have experience in this or recommend another manufacturer/solution?

thanks!