Old 01-25-10, 04:50 AM
daven1986

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Adjusting front derailleur

Hi,

I am currently setting up my new shifters and there is a minor problem in that I don't have a barrel adjuster for the front derailleur but I think I can get around that!

My problem is that when on the big ring and in the highest 3/4 gears on the rear the chain rubs the outer side of the cage slightly.

The derailleur was previously correctly adjusted so I guess the limits are ok - my thinking is that the campy shifter pulls just slightly too little cable to get the derailleur in the correct position. Is this the case or is there something I can do to set it up properly?

Could this be a case of needing to take out more cable slack before clamping the cable? I thought this, but in the smallest ring and lowest gear the chain is very close to the inner side of the cage and any closer I think it would rub.

Thanks

Daven

Edit: By taking out more slack I think I may have cured the problem - was in the highest gear and biggest ring and there was little to no rub. I may have lost the lowest gear (will find out when I set up the rear derailleur) but I don't mind as I never use that! Any other things I can check/do?

Thanks

Last edited by daven1986; 01-25-10 at 06:01 AM.