View Single Post
Old 01-26-10, 11:47 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
Finding the right saddle is one of the toughest searches in bicycle riding. We each have such individual preferences and requirements. For the upright position you have described, you'll want a wider saddle than someone on a racing style bike. I am not a fan of soft seats, gel or otherwise. Whatever pushes away will eventually push back.My first choice in your situation would be a Brooks Flyer, but there are many other choices.

There is no good substitute for good bike shorts. I understand the concern with price, but I would strongly recommend getting at least one pair. You can wash them gently after each day's ride and they dry out easily hanging overnight. Definitely avoid shorts with gel in the padding.
Thats the Gen in one posting. But finding the saddle is the problem. But only 500 miles so far on a saddle and you "May" just need saddle time to attune the butt.

And on shorts- some of us graduate to the more expensive short/ Bibbs- but if you do not use proper cycling shorts at present- then any respectable pair would do. Two pairs would suffice on a tour- Just wash them out nightly and use as a Marker Flag on the bike the next day to dry them out.

Spike Milligan