jhefner
Hebrews 10:20a

Bikes: '74 Viscount Aerospace GP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rocket-Sauce
The shifters were on the downtube of course. In the pics you linked, the shifters and cables have been removed. You can see the mounting boss in this photo:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_iXRUDfp0-C0/...-h/lemond2.jpg
Thanks; that is what I thought. With the brakes on the ends of the bars, his shifters on the downtube, and his normal riding position on the bullhorns; you would think he would be all over the place. But, he wasn't; not only was his 1989 ride fast, but masterfully done. A great performance.

Oh, and I have very mixed feelings about aero. I loved it and embraced it when it first came out, and marvel at the results on a modern TT bike. But, I am less than excited about the look of most cars today and brifters; though I must confess I have yet to try brifters out. But no doubt about aero being a neccessity if you are going faster than about 20 MPH, and are racing in competition. For most ordinary folks; aero on a bike is streamlining your riding lawn mower....

And I still love the look of the Vector and other HPVs; but I am not sure I would enjoy a long term relationship with one as a commuter vehicle. Of course, that is the subject of another forum.