View Single Post
Old 01-30-10, 06:07 PM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'd like to own a ti bike, but I have other projects taking excess money so I stay with steel. I have a 67 Ford Galaxy 500 conv and a 79 Chev Camaro Z28 that I finished painting last summer after someone smacked into it; and now I'm turning the engine into a 383 stroker with about 450hp and 435 ft lbs of torque to the rear-nothing huge in the hp department but I don't want to swap trannies and rearends to hold down higher hp's, but I will have to have the tranny rebuilt and shift kit installed. So these things take any excess money I have, plus this summer I want to race the Z at Osceola Dragway near Mishawaka airport here in Indiana and that cost money as well.

By the way, cheap TI bikes have been having problems with frames failure, so I'm not so sure about buying a cheap TI frame just because it's TI and can be had for cheap...BUT...there's also been in increase in cheap CF frames failing too, and these are failures that occur without warning and suddenly resulting in serious crashes.