Old 01-31-10, 04:11 AM
knatchwa
Living Life On Two Wheels

Bikes: Giant Rincon 2007 Model - Black & Grey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While I was out today, I saw something that reminded me of the fact that really there is no excuse, rain or shine, you can always ride a bike. As I was sitting in the car, near the Salvation Army I see a cyclist fly by, wearing reflective clothes and cruising at an amazing speed soaked to a point where his outside slicker was stuck to his skin but he was still riding, not caring that rain was falling or water that may of been flying up into his face.

It reminded me that you can ride no matter the weather it is just a matter of gritting your teeth jumping on the bike and riding rain or shine, I wish I would of got a picture, but it was surely a reminder to me as a visual cue that it can be done, that riding a bike more can and should be done.
To whomever that is, thanks for the reminder, and the r
eason to make this challenge come about by Februrary 28th 2010.
via Ride My Bike More on 43 Things

Which basically speaks to the idea, that even when it is raining, after I saw this one person, on his bike in the pouring rain, that same day I went out and rode, I made a quality decision to do it, even knowing I would most likely be soaked after, even if it was a short ride, after seeing only one person riding in pouring rain, it seemed to prove that really there is little excuse not to ride. Though as the saying goes "To Each Their Own"

Far as Taking A Ride Today, I feel almost like an infidel when I consider that even after that day, even after that inspiration I still did not ride today.