View Single Post
Old 02-04-10, 01:40 PM
mihlbach

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
Seriously...you can't "imagine" riding a frame that is 2cm talller?
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think its hilarious how people insist they have a perfect fit just because they feel reasonably comfortable on their bike, even if the size of their frame is outside the norm for someone their height.

How do you know your bike is a perfect fit? Can you really narrow it down to a cm or two of ST length? Maybe you can, but how is anyone to know if you (or anyone else) is full of ****.

I have seven bikes...none of them are the perfect fit, but I've ridden enough bikes and experimented enough to come as close as can be expected (and it has nothing really to do with standover, BB height, or seattube length). Nobody's perfect fit (if there is such as thing) is the same and to make matters more complicated, fit is a moving target. It changes with your fitness level or even riding style.

I think the best you can expect of these sizing threads is to give the OP some sense of the most common size frame for someone his/her height, but depending on your own personal physical peculiarities that still could be bad advice.

Good luck OP....you might also try plugging your physical dimensions (height, pubic height, etc.) into an online fit calculator, if someone else can provide the link. (I forgot where to find it). They usually do a pretty good job of getting you in the ballpark.

Last edited by mihlbach; 02-04-10 at 01:49 PM.