Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jalbri
So...who pockets most of the money?
I already answered that few posts up.

Originally Posted by rogerstg
So you think that the farmer that supplies the food should do it for free and not pay his mortgage or feed his kids. Or maybe the companies that make the blankets and cots should fire their workers and go out of business.
I didn't say anything like that. Farmers get paid crumbs compared to what the final product is sold for.

Originally Posted by rogerstg
The reality is that most of the money paid to corporations ultimately goes to pay workers. Corporations are not much more than flow through entities.
What reality would that be?

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
well I was taken aback last summer when I stopped off at a LBS for a box and as loaded a Cdale box in the BTV I noticed it said "Made in China" I was hoping that was just the box but I am sure it wasn't

however there is hope. if the rebuilding goes well in Haiti (this time) after the international community builds all new infastructure there will be an abundance of cheap labor. so maybe we will atleast see manufacturing in the western hemisphere atleast.
The market isn't demanding high quality, but variety and low prices. As long as people are satisfied with Kmart and Walmart quality the manufacturers have no incentive to improve the quality. People who recognize and demand high quality and are willing to pay for it are minority. It has nothing to do with "Made in China". If the Western markets demanded high quality I'm sure the Chinese could deliver it.

Originally Posted by jalbri
I don't see anything other than a "peaceful" discussion going on in any of the posts on this thread. Some people disagree with other people. So what? I can't understand why others feel the need to lecture the participants in a discussion about what can and can't be discussed. I for one appreciate hearing the views of others, although I might not agree. If you don't like a post, ignore it and go on to the next one. Not hard to do.
Yup. It's a discussion and so far I don't see anyone getting upset.

A.

Last edited by AdamDZ; 02-06-10 at 06:29 PM.