View Single Post
Old 02-07-10, 12:18 AM
LoCPC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just riding along...

...on that country road in Ghedi, rounded a corner and nearly ran into a a herd of sheep!

I eventually helped the driver round up one stray little "doggie," that almost got away. What a blast! Every day brought other surprises on those daily commutes to and from work. That was 1992, and I've been on a bike ever since (as well as those bikes we rode incessantly all over creation as kids).

There were a couple of months when I was without one due to that day when I didn't lock the Giant CFM 3 to the bike rack at the grocery store (leaned it against a wall inside the two sets of sliding glass doors - you don't have to berate me, I already did a good job of that on myself).

When I came out of the store, I thought I saw a mirage of a missing mountain bike. "No - surely it's there in the midst of all those shoppers," I thought. The closer I got to where the bike should have been, I felt very queasy and almost fainted. I stood frozen when I realized it WAS gone.

There is a lot more to this story, yet, I eventually snapped back after working through some issues of having my "child" stolen...and I bought another bike.

I'm currently riding a 2009 Giant TCX 2, which has turned out to be the right bike for the right job on my daily commutes. It goes off road with the Kenda cross tires (700 x 35) very well and is extremely fast in every direction with the Bontrager Racelites (700 x 25) that its shod with now. It does go with me everywhere, even inside places of business. I have several locks and an insurance policy, though, just in case.

I look forward to getting to know some of you here in the forums and learning from your experiences from the vantage point of two wheels.

Talk soon,

- Scott