Thread: paired spokes?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-10, 09:28 PM
DArthurBrown
Chasing the horizon.

Bikes: 2016 Felt F75, 2008 Mercier Corvus Steel, 2006 Trek 4300, 1985 Trek 620 (modernized)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikebo
oh no i have no knowledge of these wheels other than what i can find on the www. thats what this threads for.

i just wanted to know if anyone has actually had a set of paired spokes and can say all the negs ive seen above.

looks like ppl who never rode em call them death wheels, high speed squirrel catchers, etc.

does anyone who owns a set feel the same way?

jus wondering if i should disregard most of the negs due to lack of experience. or if they are valid and will indeed increase my chances of blow up/ taco/ critter catch and so on..
Listen to waterrockets. He speaks true. It's not that they're particularly bad. It's just that they're unnecessary and kind of silly. They're about as durable as any wheel with a similar spoke count of the same weight. The major drawback is that because the spokes are paired tightly and then you have a large gap to the next pair, each pair needs to be under higher tension. If a spoke breaks, as with any lower spoke count wheel, the wheels likely will be instantly unrideable.