Old 02-09-10, 04:58 AM
AnthonyG

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 420 Times in 289 Posts
Originally Posted by Lizard King
I am going to be eating a lot of whole wheat foods that have some magnesium and I am going to try and eat spinach a lot and I found that is also a good as a magnesium supplement. Wouldn't that be good enough?

-Matt
Well its a good start but it may not be enough. I'm a fan of getting your nutrients through whole food but foods really need to be organic (synthetic fertilizers interfere with the uptake of magnesium) and grown in magnesium rich soils in the first place to get usable amounts of magnesium from them and then the foods need to be prepared properly in order for you to be able to assimilate the nutrients. Spinach needs to be cooked and breads need to be made properly which are hard to come by these days. I'd recommend that you take a tablet form magnesium supplement with you and take some regularly along with the foods. On a long tour you are going to use a LOT of magnesium and without direct experience of what magnesium does for you your going to confuse the symptoms of magnesium deficiency with just being tired and sore from a long day.

Anthony