View Single Post
Old 02-09-10, 10:32 AM
j3ns

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine is 19 months old now and only one tooth to go! She has never been a good sleeper due to reflux and still sleeps in our bedroom. I can second tjspiel's advice to take turns getting a full night's sleep when possible. Of course if she is still being breastfed during the night there will be an "interruption" to the mother during her nights, but this can be held to minimum by your assistance.
I have had great success in finding motivation in my love for my daughter and her mother. This gives me incredible energy to survive through the hard days and do my best as a father, a spouse and at work. It also motivates me to ride to work, because from time-management point of view it is very sensible to get to work AND work out at the same time. The time I can spend with my daughter each day is limited and very valuable to me. But I can't give up working out for many years (we will have more kids) so this is the best solution.
So my advice is to think about your daughter for motivation and to be the best father you can. That includes doing your best at work and thinking about your health. You can also think about what kind of role-model you want to be for your daughter.
2015 Canyon Spectral 7.0 EX