Old 02-11-10, 10:32 AM
jefferee
Que CERA, CERA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
A cyclist has an Eddington number of E if (s)he has cycled at least E miles on E different days, and has never cycled more than E miles on any other day.

Correct me if I'm interpreting this one wrong, but since I've ridden 250 miles in a day, the lowest E number I could possibly hope for is 250; meaning I have to do 249 more rides of 250 miles (not 249, not 251... but EXACTLY 250 miles) to get there. And while acheiving those 249 rides, if I manage to ride a 251 mile day, I've ruined my chances at an E=250.

If I'm reading it right, the quest for a higher Eddington number is extremely self-limiting because it caps the maximum number of miles you can ride without starting your series over again.
Check my edited definition, and valygrl's definition 2 posts above yours. The "not cycled more than E miles on any other day" bit reflects the fact that E is defined as the maximum value that fits the definition--i.e., if you have done 65 rides of 65 miles or more (but not 66 rides of 66 miles or more), your E is 65. Again, sorry to confuse.