Old 02-15-10, 03:09 AM
challaday

Bikes: Too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deanoldo
I was at Cherry Pie too, but I'm old and slow and raced the 40+ 4/5. I was in second rounding the turn to the finish and since I'm also not a climber, I ended up 9th. You could tell it was the first race of the season. It was squirl central in my race. I'm really surprised no one went down. Guys were swerving around while reaching for water bottles, I had a guy come up behind me and tangle his bars up with mine. I managed to get that undone pretty quickly, so there were no issues except he was kind of freaked out by it. Saw one guy swing out in a turn while another cut in and they met somewhere in between, I'm not sure how they stayed upright.... I was just thankful to make it to the finish in one piece...

Dean
I raced in the 40+ 4/5 race too and I agree with you about squirrelly. If I'm thinking right, I was right behind you when your bar tangle happened, probably about 2-3 wheels back. I'm in the opposite position of you, and I climb fairly well. I didn't scout the course prior, so I had no idea when I went around the right hand turn at the finish that this was "the hill" because I really assumed it would be steeper and longer. So I took the corner in about 15th and ended up 6th. I would have preferred to have been in about 5-10th going around the corner. Live and learn.

Last edited by challaday; 02-15-10 at 03:13 AM.