View Single Post
Old 02-16-10, 12:35 AM
kbsdub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am almost sure that it is free hub. You can slightly see the splines if you are looking behind the cassette, it is hard to see but you can see them.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

What it does is it slips and every once in a while it will catch. You can hear it trying to catch.. so do you think it may just need cleaned and lubed? I'll get a tool to remove it and see what it looks like.

I have the brakes disconnected and can definitely tell there is a wobble in the rear tire and slight in the front. Is it possible to true up the wheels?

As for the crankset, I am not sure what is bent, it may just be the sprockets and the right pedal. With the chain off and spinning the pedals you can see a nice wobble in the sprockets, also the right pedal feels like it is out of place, maybe bent upwards.

The rear derailleur just looks out of place, so I may have the shop look at it. I think the rest of the stuff I can handle. Maybe I just assumed that I needed to replace all these parts. I think maybe just the front big sprocket needs to be replaced.