Old 02-17-10, 02:03 AM
Bekologist
totally louche

Bikes: the ever shifting stable loaded with comfortable road bikes and city and winter bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
West Maui loop- a MUST DO, a CLASSIC pacific ride

I must say WOW.

A heads up: the loop around West Maui is one of the best coast rides in the American Pacific. Unbelievable scenery coupled with a fantastic road and very little traffic, this ride classifies as one of the best rides in the Pacific Northwest region. At times i felt i had left the USA because of the narrow road & lack of traffic, and had been transported to some nearly deserted island in the Adriatic.

I have not found a better road with less traffic and views of the pacific anywhere in Oregon or Washington, maybe there's some great coast roads in California but suspect they have quite a bit more traffic.

If anyone has time on maui, skip the halekala ride and do the west maui loop. 62 miles m/l, and one of the absolute best coast rides EVAR.

Unbelievably fantastic. Must recommend as a must do if anyone makes it to Maui. I did it on my SNS coupled Surly TravelersCheck, but you can rent a road bike at West Maui Cycles.

Pictures and video when i get time to crunch some pixels.

Last edited by Bekologist; 02-17-10 at 02:19 AM.