cia dog
Banned

Bikes: 87 Miyata 512

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyg1
My inclination is to leave this alone entirely and stand by my claim that this truth is truly inarguable. Fact is that both you and could cite a myriad of specific instances to prove our respective points and argue this ad infinitum. I'm glad that you have found the cycling community at large to be rife with nice and helpful people, I really am. I OTOH, after many years of trying to do my best at being a straightforward and honest collector of cycling related love, have found myself ripped off, abused and otherwise mistreated almost relentlessly precisely because I'm trying to stay true to my interpretation of 'Do unto others'.

It has taken me a very long while to come to acceptance of the fact that people in general are not looking to be helpful, deal honestly or otherwise do well. After dropping two careers because I found the industries so repulsively rife with a'holes that I felt the need to leave the entire pasture to their ugliness in sheer disgust, I found that everywhere else I went looking for a better collection of people in pursuit of something good, there are always too many involved that are willing to lie, cheat, steal and infer poor character on better people, if only to suit their jumping a place in line to buy something.

That I see that true in this internet cycling world, and that Tom see's it in the world of bike swaps should be of no grand surprise.
Edgar Allen Poe I presume?