View Single Post
Old 02-26-10, 12:14 AM
doggy

Bikes: 2005 Specialized Roubaix elite, 2009 Specialized Allez, 1993 Marin Limited edition, Giant Allegre, 1999 Cannondale T700, Bianchi campione del monde, 1993 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey guys, I'm tempted to make a new thread, but since this is quite similar, i will just post here.

Yesterday, My freewheel was having problems, where they freehub would turn along with the rear wheel at low speeds (like the op). I Commuted to work today using the same wheel and arrived fine, though i did have some mechanical difficulties.

For one, when pedaling, the freehub would feel as if it loosened, allowing my foot to pedal with no resistance. This did not stop me from arriving at work as the wheel would reengage. After work, after getting ready to head home, i get on my bike and attempt to pedal, when my freewheel just completely loosens, and im just spinning on my pedals. absolutely no resistance, freewheeling while pedaling forward...

I hadnt maintained this wheel at all for the past year and now im concerned that my neglect has indeed caused failure.

So, exactly what damage has been done and what can i do most budget wise, to get this freewheel back up and running. Fortunately i have another set of wheels i can use, but its still a bummer.

anyway, any help would be appreciated thanks!!