Banned.

Bikes: Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnybutts
Lago Vista cat 4. I had one teammate.

He and one other guy went OTF basically from the gun. Someone told me the other rider was strong, and he looked skinny, so I decided it was worth my effort to stall the field.

I used pretty much every trick in the book, false tempo, gaps, boxing in the people who decided to pull so they couldn't get out of the wind for their rotation. It basically was pulled in by 2 guys and I found out one of them (Texas rider) has his 3 upgrade in the bag even before this race. My teammate got about 35 seconds on the field eventually, but despite both his and my efforts, was pulled in by lap 3/7.

The next 2 laps, I spent hiding and trying to recover. Texas was at the front almost the entire time. On lap 6/7 he started attacking, he and one guy got a gap, and I was about 10 m off their wheel and 20m in front of the field, but couldn't close it. Group was brought back together. Attacks start going, nothing gets off. On lap 7/7 a couple of idiots 2 bikes in front of me decide to lean on each other. they go down, the guys in front of me go down, my thought process is "maybe I can make it through without hitting anything... nope" endoed into the dirt, bike was completely fine, I bruised my hip, shoulders are sore, saddle is broken, but fixed with some tape.

I rode through the finish, it was painful
Good job..I watched a couple of laps and the break was killing it when I left. Sorry about your accident but it seems like every race had a some crashes. Some were dumber than others.