Old 02-27-10, 07:30 PM
NDAngel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marcisweet
OK. So here is the scoop. I ended up purchasing a very lightly used 2008 Trek 7.6 FX WSD in the 17" frame. I paid $595 which I think is a great deal. (I hope I am right :} The people at thje LBS have been less that helpful. I called one day and the salesman said "Are you the lady who can't decide which bike she wants?" Pretty rude I thought. I think they were just upset because I didn't want to buy the only thing they had in stock (a Trek Multitrack). I went home and did some research to find a better bike since I can only have 1. So needless to say, I came across the 7.6 for sale and snatched it up. I will not go back to that shop. Maybe the salespeople there think that $500-700 is not alot of money, but it is to me. Every customer should be treated equally regardless of your price point.
Congrats! Have fun. I can't say how much I have enjoyed my FX and rediscovering riding. And I second the rec to find another bike shop. It makes such a difference -- I have asked my LBS some pretty dumb questions over the past couple of years and they have been extraordinarily patient with me.