View Single Post
Old 03-01-10, 11:13 AM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 87 Posts
Nice score, Don!

To provide some earlier data points, the 1982 Bicycling Buyer's Guide lists the Unique as middle of their line-up (Grand Prix, Excelle, Unique, Eclair, and Clasique, from lowest to highest).

It had Ukai 27" rims, Tange champion main triangle with hi ten forks and stays, Shimano AQ 11 low flange hubs qr hubs, Shimano 600 EX derailleurs and shifters, SR Custom cranks, KKT pedals, Kashimax saddle (!), SR bars and stem, and Dia Compe 500 brakes. The 21" model weighed 26 lbs. (surprisingly heavy).

In any event, that's a beautiful bike, and will make you (or someone else) very happy. Love that color (as well as the yellow Benotto tape). I'd buy it any day of the week (except for the days when I think that my wife might suffocate in my sleep for bringing home another bike).

Enjoy!