Old 03-03-10, 12:16 AM
FR4NCH1SE

Bikes: 2009 GMC DENALI (walmart bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
We need to know more about the freewheel to suggest a tool, like #2 said. Otherwise you'll end up buying about 50 different freewheel removal tools. I can't quite remember what freewheel comes stock on the GMC but it either takes a park FR-1 or a FR-7. They look *almost* identical but the tools are not interchangeable.

If convenient, note any markings on the freewheel and/or take a picture of it with the rear wheel off the bike.

No, the freewheel is already off the GMC Denali, my lbs removed it for me a while back when the spokes on my rear wheel went to garbage. He gave me the freewheel (cogs) to me and said I can use it on another bike, so now I want to use the freewheel(cogs) on a bike that currently has a shimano freewheel on it, and I know I need to buy the shimano freewheel removal tool to get the current freewheel off the bike, my question is how will I put on the new freewheel which is a no name freewheel(cogs) on the bike? How will I tighten it on the axle? and will that removal tool work with my no name freewheel so I can tighten it not loosen it.