adventurer90
Seasoned Rider/Wrench

Bikes: 2004 Colnago C40, 2005 Epic, 1980 Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi Super Corsa?

I recently acquired a Bianchi that seems a bit odd--almost too nice. It's all Celeste green, frame,seat,bar tape, cage, tires. It looks like a repaint, but a very good one. I am intending to keep this as a nice vintage bike and am slowing swapping out some of the mismatched campy stuff for straight Record. I've done the cranks, shift levers, RD, and still intend to swap out the brakes and levers (I think the levers are Athena and the calipers are the ones with Campagnolo in script.}

From what I can find so far it looks like it is a 81-2 Super Corsa. The chromed lugs, the "BIANCHI" in chrome on the seat stays, and the decals seem to support that. The serial is 5.8.384 on the bottom bracket. there is a "made in Italy" decal on the down tube, and Columbus stickers on the seat tube and on both sides of the fork--but the DT and one of the fork decals are mangled.

So I'm looking for anyone out there that can help me on this project. I'm keeping, regardless of what I have, but may alter my planned build depending on the true model here. Any help would be appreciated. See attached photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Heat tube.jpg (86.7 KB, 58 views)
Side View.jpg (98.2 KB, 64 views)
chainstay.jpg (95.2 KB, 54 views)
Front.jpg (90.7 KB, 51 views)
Seatstays.jpg (87.4 KB, 56 views)