Thread: New from Oregon
View Single Post
Old 04-08-05, 04:01 PM
SamSpade

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sport, Mongoose Pro 5.1, Raleigh Technium Pre (oldschool), Trek 7000 Frame

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Atombomb,
I'm kinda in the same scene as you - mtm biker getting into, or back into really, the road scene and also living in the damp Portland area.
I just posted my intro above yours, but hey, check out River City bikes for raingear. I was in there last weekend, picking up my new bike , and probably again this weekend, looking for some additional gear, as they have a decent sale rack towards the front of the store with quite a few garments. I didn't run through it last weekend but I also need some better coverage for the "back to normal" weather we've been having lately. I'm not commuting till the summer cause I have to drop-off and pick-up my daughter at school and she doesn't really like riding on the handlebars. For some reason its not as cool as it used to be. But I'll be bringin my bike to work with me and riding at lunch, great way to break up the day and get away from the grey cube and under some grey skies.

Later,